Friday, June 22, 2012

Peace and Quiet

This week has been so quiet at my house. My children are enrolled in a music camp for the week. For three days in a row I had no children at home. That is a first for me. As a homeschool mom, I often don't realize that I need a break. Then, when the respite comes, I relish it because I truly did need it. That's how it has been for me this week. I have enjoyed the peace and quiet in my home. I drank my coffee and read my book in silence. I organized closets without interruption. I ran multiple errands alone. Wow.  And God has used this peaceful week at home to refresh my spirit in ways that I didn't even know were needed.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to have my children at home and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. The almost constant noise and activity in our home is a testimony to the fullness of life represented here. I would be sad and lonely if my life was always quiet. But this week has reminded me to seek out the quiet moments more often. I need to take the time to be refreshed and rejuvenated -- to allow God to 'fill up my tank', so to speak-- in order to be a more patient and kind mother during the busyness of daily life.

Dear Lord, Thank you for loving me and for calling me to be your child. Thank you for my children and for always providing for our family. Help us to love You more. Help us to glorify You in our daily lives. Help us to make time for quiet moments and to seek YOU during those moments. I know that You long to fill us with your presence and love. Help me to remember that and not to become distracted by my daily activities. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Psalm 46:10a: He says, “Be still, and know that I am God...."
(NIV)


How are you taking time to rejuvenate this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment